- Pulled up to a drive-by mailbox and then had to fumble for her mail. (Old female drivers are usually the ones who have to fumble for their mail when they pull up to a drive-by mailbox.)
- Threw her mail in a slot and only then looked to see that she had used an "Express Mail" box.
- Pulled forward and paused for a moment as if she were thinking about backing up (and into my car) in order to reach into the mailbox for her miscast mail.
- Made an "Austin stop" (that is, slowed down) before pulling onto the street.
- Proceeded to make an illegal U-turn and looped out into the traffic lane in order to do so, instead of staying in the turning lane. ("Well, officer, how was I supposed to make an illegal U-turn without making a illegal turning maneuver?")
- Capped her performance by sporting an opaque "Kerry-Edwards" bumper sticker in her rear window (illegally, I'm sure).
Perhaps she is kind to her mother. But I have no reason to believe that, given her evident disregard for other persons.
Pet Peeves (04/06/04)
You're Driving Me Crazy (Revised Version) (06/21/04)