Revised in response to the astute comment by the proprietor of the late, lamented Occam's Carbuncle.
Thomas Hobbes argued that anarchy would lead to a human condition that is "solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short." If the Gore-Moore-Sheehan axis of stupidity were to prevail, our lives would be collective, poor, primitive, submissive, stupid, and short.
How so? Gore, Moore, Sheehan, and their ilk -- that is to say, what remains of the Democrat Party and those to its left -- subscribe to an Alice-in-Wonderland view of reality, in which
- the state knows best (as long as they control the state). (Collective)
- it is fitting and proper to thwart endeavor and punish success through regulation and taxation. (Poor)
- technological regress is not too small a price to pay for environmental extremism. (Primitive)
- our enemies are merely persons with a different world-view, and peace is won by wishing for it, not fighting for it. (Submissive)
- such things are believed. (Stupid)
Our lives, therefore, would be short because we are poor, primitive,
and submissive, and stupid.