Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I Voted for Barack

No, I haven't gone off the deep end. It's just that I voted early in the Texas primary, and decided to vote Democrat so that I could vote against Hillary Clinton. (Believe me, it was painful to ask for a Democrat ballot.)

I had mixed feelings about voting for Obama, because (as of now) he seems more electable than Clinton. But I just couldn't resist the urge to stick it to Hillary, in the hope that the outcome of the Texas primary sends her (and her husband) to the hell of national political impotence.

I have come to believe that Obama's aura will dissipate as voters come to understand that his mantra of "change" is an empty political slogan. Change what? How? At what cost? The man doesn't answer those questions. He just wants to get into the White House, decimate our defenses, enlarge government, and raise taxes. (He doesn't say that, but that's what's on his agenda.)

But Obama will be found out -- before election day. The Clintons will expose his emptiness before they're through; John McCain will finish the job.

In any event, the nomination of Obama will ensure that there are as many disgruntled Clintonistas on the Democrat side as there are disgruntled conservatives on the GOP side. And if Clinton manages to steal the Democrat nomination, there will be as many deflated Obama-maniacs on the Democrat side as there are disgruntled conservatives on the GOP side.

P.S. The New York Times's anti-McCain smear job may backfire. If there's anything a hard-core conservative hates more than John McCain, it's the Times.

P.P.S. As I was saying.