Sunday, June 26, 2005

What's With the Name Calling?

The titles of two recent entries, "Nicholas Kristof Is an Idiot" and "Brian Leiter Is an Idiot," might have you wondering if this blog has suddenly become one of those hate-filled, shout-at-everything rantfests that one encounters on the Left and Right fringes of the blogosphere. No, it's just that two supremely anti-libertarian decisions by the U.S. Supreme Court (Raich and Kelo), coming back to back, are tantamount to a declaration of war on liberty. And as I said here,
"I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore." Well, I won't take it quietly.
For starters, I'm going to spend more time firing back at the enemies of liberty as they pop up on my radar screen. I will focus on American enemies of liberty -- like Kristof and Leiter -- because they are parasites who would destroy the host on which they feed: the very liberty that enables them to spew their half-baked, anti-libertarian ideologies, at great personal profit. As I said, they are idiots.